The photo you upload when processing your order is extremely important and has a significant impact on the quality of your finished portrait. We try to be flexible and can work with a variety of photos, however please try to ensure your photo meets the following criteria;
- Clear shot of your pet's face. Our artists will aim to replicate the position and shot of your pet's face. Generally looking straight at the camera gives a better result.
- The higher resolution the better. Make sure when you upload your image that it hasn't been overly compressed.
- Features natural daylight or bright lighting. Avoid photos that are too dark.
- Your pet is wearing what you want. All collars, leads or outfits that your pet is wearing will be replicated.
Don't worry, we will never process an order if the image you upload won't give a good result. We will always contact you and work with you to find an image that will work.
Step 1: Choose a Photo
Pick the cutest photo of your dog or cat with a clear shot of your pet's face, looking straight at the camera gives a better result. The higher resolution the better so please make sure when you upload your image that it hasn't been overly compressed. Avoid photos that are too dark, natural daylight or bright lighting works best. Make sure your pet is wearing what you want - all collars, leads or outfits that your pet is wearing will be replicated in the final piece. Submit it to our digital artists with your order.
Step 2: Make it your own
We love getting to know your furry loved one! We'll print their name on the final artwork in our signature font, we offer a selection of background colours and pattern options, and two bold frame options (or frameless!).
Step 3: Custom illustration
Sit tight while our talented and passionate team of digital artists illustrate your artwork. Most orders ship within 1-2 weeks and sometimes even sooner.
Here are some more tips and tricks to help you can get a super snap from your smartphone:
- Get as close as possible to your pet, this way we can see all of their beautiful features.
- Get down to their level when taking the photo, eye level gives the best results.
- The best poses are when your pet is either sitting or standing, but not laying down.
- Light is really important when it comes to getting the perfect photo. Natural daylight is always the best option!